Sopoong, IOI City Mall

Does anyone remember my first post on Sopoong, IOI City Mall 4 years ago? I can't believe that it's been 4 years since I first tried eating at Sopoong, IOI City Mall and how my much my thoughts on Sopoong have changed 😉

Sopoong, IOI City Mall
Sopoong, IOI City Mall

My sisters and I went to the Sopoong, IOI City Mall the weekend right before the MCO was first implemented by the government. It was all because I have been craving Korean food for few weeks prior to our outing. Thanks to my sister for insisting me to go out with them that I got to fulfill my craving. Otherwise, I would be left with my craving unfilled for few months.

Sopoong, IOI City Mall
Sopoong, IOI City Mall

This is an irrelevant note but I have always loved the interior of Sopoong, IOI City Mall. So eyes-pleasing and quite calming provided if it is not congested with a lot of customers. My advice to those wanting to dine it at the Sopoong, IOI City Mall, please avoid the busy times and request to be seated far from the kitchen if you want to enjoy your dining experience to the fullest! :)

Beef Sundubu Jjigae - Beef Soft Tofu Stew @ Sopoong, IOI City Mall
Beef Sundubu Jjigae
MYR 19.50



I contemplated a lot on what to order as I wanted to try other things but eventually, I settled with my Korean comfort food. I ordered Beef Sundubu Jjigae because it was kinda a no hassle choice and because I wanted to eat something with meat. I loved it so much thanks to the generous portion of minced beef. The only letdown it was a little bit too spicy even for me.

Bulgogi Bokkeumbap @ Sopoong, IOI City Mall
Bulgogi Bokkeumbap
MYR 18.50

My sister ordered a Bulgogi Bokkeumbap. She asked for no vegetables, and cheese as add-on (additional charge). Surprisingly, I loved it. Especially because I can taste the bulgogi However, I believe it will taste better if there were vegetables in the fried rice. Having said that, I was quite disappointed because the cheese was not melted enough as you can see from the picture. I could only imagine how good the Bulgogi Bokkeumbap will be if the cheese was melted enough ㅠㅠ

Kimbap & Half Tteokbokki @ Sopoong, IOI City Mall
Gimbap + Topokki 1/2
MYR 18.90

My other sister ordered Gimbap + Topokki 1/2 because she wasn't hungry enough and because she wanted to enjoy the best of both worlds. I would have never tried it if my sister didn't order it as I fancy other dishes more. The topokki was delicious, I particularly liked the sauce and the tteok they used. The gimbap was just an okay to me. I did enjoy the gimbap when I dipped the gimbap in the topokki sauce.

Sikhye & Iced Water @ Sopoong, IOI City Mall
Sikhye & Plain water
MYR 6.90 & MYR 0.80 respectively



Sikhye is a must-order drink for me because I'm a sikhye-holic 😆 The sikhye that I had this time was perfect for my liking. Sweet, but not too much and more importantly, not too gingery. Yeay! Alhamdulillah 😁

Dalkom Hotteok @ Sopoong, IOI City Mall
Dessert Set - Mix Hotteok & Bingsu
Dalkom Hotteok 
MYR 34.90/set

We concluded our meals by ordering a Dessert Set - Mix Hotteok & Bingsu. As usual, we ordered Dalkom Hotteok because I'm crazy for their Dalkom Hotteok. They were so good! Though, the Dalkom Hotteok that I had this time was not too sweet 😖 I want my Dalkom Hotteok to be a lil bit sweeter than what I had 😭

Mango Bingsu @ Sopoong, IOI City Mall
 Dessert Set - Mix Hotteok & Bingsu
Mango Bingsu 
MYR 34.90/set

We chose the Mango Bingu as part of the Dessert Set. I fell in love with Sopoong's Mango Bingsu when I went to Sopoong with my dad and my sister previously. It has been my favourite ever since! I loved every single bit of the Mango Bingsu except the red bean mochi. But that's because I don't like mochi and red bean in general. If you were to ask me, "What's one thing that will make you come again to Sopoong?", my answer would be, "The Mango Bingsu!" That's how much I love the Mango Bingsu 😍



Won't comment on their service and the price because I've mentioned them previously on this post; Sopoong, Central i-City They were somewhat similar. So, there's that. However, I would like to say thank you to the Sopoong owners especially the owners of Sopoong, IOI City Mall for always being so kind to us by offering discount or free food every time we are there. I truly appreciate it!

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. Ah it's been awhile since the last time I went to Sopoong :') I'm craving for Korean food now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can go to Sopoong, IOI City Mall then? I think your house is not far from IOI City Mall, right?

      Delete
  2. Foods look delicious! Too bad there's no Sopoong here to try and because of Covid, I don't think travelling just to satisfy my craving is a good idea for now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were indeed delicious though they can definitely be better :)

      It's okay. Maybe you can visit other Korean restaurants in your area?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I only love their gimbap when I dipped them in the tteokbokki sauce.

      Delete
  4. Paling frust bile cheese tak cair betul2 and as for someone that really like cheese, I'd ask them to reheat it, I don't care sine I paid for it. I almost made a scene dekat Mr Dakgalbi SS15 when they served me old cheese sebab rasa pahit sangat. terus dorang tak charge cheese tu.

    Tqa kalau makan dekat Sopoong mesti order Bibimbap dia sebab sedap and kenyang hahaha
    Nanti nak cuba Bulgogi Bokkeumbap dia one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samalah! If it were me, I would be so frustrated if I get that kind of cheese. But my sister wouldnt mind, so I tak kisah sangat pun :)

      I have tried their Bibimbap and for me quite okay la. Cumanya I don't really like Bibimbap in general, so I jarang dah makan Bibimbap.

      Delete
  5. im craving for some korean meal too at the momnet..
    just waiting for the right time to go and eat. skng kan susah sikit..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kak Siti sekarang duduk Bangi kan, so boleh je pakai Grab :)

      Delete
  6. Aaaa it has been awhile since the last time I went to Sopoong. Now I'm back in Pahang for good & no Sopoong outlets here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nani dah balik Pahang for good? Dah habis belajar ke? Nani bukan belajar area KL/Selangor ni ke?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Form