Sopoong, Central i-City

My sister was ever so kind to treat me at the Sopoong, Central i-City the other day. I was fairly excited because it's been a while since I last ate at Sopoong and I finally had a chance to go to another mall that is not IOI City Mall. lol.

Add; Okay, I just checked my old blog post. My first and the last time eating Sopoong was around three years ago at the IOI City Mall. It's indeed have been a while.


Sopoong, Central i-City


Like Sopoong, IOI City Mall, Sopoong, Central i-City is also located at upper floor, almost hujung dunia kind of place. For this particular store, it's located on the third floor near to the Sogo. Unlike the Sopoong, IOI CIty Mall, Sopoong, Central i-City is a little bit smaller yet very cozy and and welcoming. Thankfully, there were not many people when we were there. So, I kinda enjoyed the space. Otherwise, I might feel a lil bit suffocated. 



Yang Nyeom Dak Gang Jeong @ Sopoong, Central i-City
Yang Nyeom Dak Gang Jeong
MYR 24.90

My sister and I decided to go all out on this day. We ordered quite a number of dishes though there were only two of us. We really took our own sweet time to finish them all because we were just too full at some point. lol. Think we spent about 2 hour-ish here.

Add-on Cheese for Yang Nyeom Dak Gang Jeong
Add-on Cheese for Yang Nyeom Dak Gang Jeong 
MYR 8.00

Our first pick of that day was Yang Nyeom Dak Gang Jeong with cheese as add-on. I loved the chicken. It was so yummy and soft. The sauce was good too! It was sweet with a hint of spiciness. The cheese was another story. I think it was too watery for my liking.

Haemul Jeongol @ Sopoong, Central i-City
Haemul Jeongol & Add-on rice
MYR 49.90 & MYR 3.80/bowl

We then chose the Haemul Jeongol or Seafood Hot Pot with two bowls of rice as add-on as our main. Initially, I wanted to order the Soft Tofu Stew because I was in the mood to eat Soft Tofu Stew. while my sister wanted to order another dish. However after contemplating about 15 minutes, we decided to settle with Haemul Jeongol. Mainly because we can easily order the other dishes next time because they are for 1 pax while Haemul Jeongol is for 2-3 pax #wetendtoeatalone




The Haemul Jeongol was an okay. It was not spicy at all and quite refreshing. Personally, I found the taste quite similar to what I had in Jagalchi Market in Busan, so that was a nice surprise. I wanted to say they gave generous portion of seafood but truthfully, the didn't. I can barely see the seafood. They did, however serve generous portion of crabs. There were a lot of crabs or crab parts in the hot pot. So, if you're a big fan of crabs, you may love this Haemul Jeongol.

Tip: Banchan is refillable, so don't be shy to ask for more. I personally love the mayonnaise one. So good!

Dessert Set - Mix Hotteok & Bingsu - Oreo Bingsu @ Sopoong, Central i-City
Dessert Set - Mix Hotteok & Bingsu
Oreo Bingsu 
MYR 34.90/set

As for dessert, my sister and I decided to order the Dessert Set - Mix Hotteok & Bingu because she wanted to eat bingsu while I wanted to try the Hotteok. My sister ordered the Oreo Bingsu. Surprisingly, it was good, or maybe I never expected that I will like any bingsu after continuous disappointment of trying bingsu. lol. The Oreo Bingsu was not too sweet and too chocolaty which was perfect for my liking.

Dessert Set - Mix Hotteok & Bingsu - Dalkom Hotteok @ Sopoong, Central i-City
Dessert Set - Mix Hotteok & Bingsu
Dalkom Hotteok 
MYR 34.90/set

Tip: If you wanted more bangs for your bucks when ordering this Dessert Set, I would recommend to order the combination of Cheese Hotteok or/and Choco Hotteok or combination of Dalkom Hotteok with one of the formers, instead of ordering Dalkom Hotteok only.




The Dalkom Hotteok came as a pleasant surprise as well. I personally think it tasted a lil bit different to the hotteok that I had in Jeju or Seoul but it was still good, so good! It was not too sweet, perfect for my liking.

Sikhye @ Sopoong, Central i-City
Sikhye
MYR 6.90

As for the drinks, my sister and I decided to order a glass of water and Sikhye each. I was actually surprised to see that Sopoong has Sikhye in their menu. I think though I'm not really sure, they didn't have sikhye before this. The sikhye was good too albeit a lil bit sweeter and gingery than the sikhye that I used to try in Seoul.

Service wise, the service at Sopoong Central i-City was quite slow because we received our first dish after about 30 minutes although there were not many people around. Probably because the dishes that we ordered need more preparation? Who knows? However, the owner was ever kind and friendly. So there's that.


Price wise, it was average? Standard? I do believe this is the price range that you will see if you go to other Korean restaurants. I do however, find some of the prices are a lil bit too high while the rest of them are okay.

Overall, I definitely won't shy away to go to Sopoong again if I have a craving for Korean food and if I have extra money. lol. In fact, I actually went to another Sopoong few days after that day but that's another story.

Post a Comment

14 Comments

  1. Haemul jeongol tu macam best je sebab i'm a crab loverrr! Saya kalau pegi sopoong tak habis2 order menu yg biasa makan je xD

    Dessert dia pun tak pernah try lagi, tgok harga mcm okay je. Mengidamnya nak makan korean food kat sini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a crab lover then you'll love Haemul Jeongol sebab memang banyak sangat ketam dia! Akak jarang pergi Sopoong tapi selalunya kalau pergi kedai makan Korea memang selalu juga order benda yang biasa makan. Tak berapa berani nak try benda-benda baru :D

      Dessert dia pun memang not bad! Especially Hotteok tu. Serious sedap! :D

      Delete
  2. Nampak sedap semua. Nyum2! :) Hihi. Nt nk try lah makan kt Sopoong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, generally semua makanan dekat Sopoong sedap :D Awak boleh try dekat Sopoong yang berdekatan. I think the nearest to you is Sopoong, IOI City Mall.

      Delete
  3. nampak sedaplah oreo bingsu tu...pekena time panas2 syok ni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalau pekena time panas, memang laju je habis oreo bingsu ni.

      Delete
  4. Looks delicious but too expensive //checks wallet//

    >//< Sopoong is my 2nd fav K-food after Myeongdong Tteokpokki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sopoong ni harga dia memang agak mahal sikit. Memang rasa macam nak nangis juga kalau fikir nak datang makan sini, which is why once in a while je pergi ^^''

      Tak pernah try Myeongdong Tteokpokki lagi. Maybe next time la kot :)

      Delete
  5. tak pernah sampai mall ni lg dan try makan sini.. halal ke farah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mall ni baru je buka, kak Nina. Masa saya pergi hari tu, mall ni belum buat grand opening lagi. Sopoong ni belum JAKIM halal-certified lagi tapi suppliers dia semua halal, insya Allah ^^

      Delete
  6. Istg yang Sopoong dah naik harga. I always eat bibimbab there I went to Sopoong recently and rasa mahal sikit dari biasa. Taste pun kurang. Maybe lain branch, lain cara buat tu, just like Mr. Dakgalbi. Ada yang pedas, ada yang pedas bunuh diri, ada yang cheese sedap, ada yang cheese pahit dah basi, ada yang kimchi okay and tak okay. ada yang serve air free, ada yang charge duit. I guess same thing applied to Sopoong. But that Yangnyeom Dak Gang Jeong look so good right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if they have increased the price or not because it's only my second time here at that time. Itu pun lepas 3 tahun. But for me, on average, Sopoong punya harga honestly macam agak mahal juga.

      Delete
  7. Tempat fav kita jugaak ni, selalu order sundubu jiggae beef tu.. Sedapnyaa nampak dessert tu, selalu datang sini makan main dish aje itu pun dah kenyang. Next time boleh try dessert dia orang pulak :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kita first time sundubu jiggae beef dia hari tu. Sedap! Yes, next time boleh cuba dessert dia pula. Tapi, rasa macam lagi berbaloi kalau pergi dengan orang lain kalau nak makan dessert sebab takut tak habis pula.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Form