Mii Sushi & BBQ, Canmore

Went to the Town of Canmore last month on one of my days off. Initial plan was to go to the Shopper's Drug Mart and different grocery stores and to explore a lil bit of the town. However, I had to tweak the plan as it was snowing heavily out of sudden. The sudden snow led me to eating out for lunch at one of the restaurants in town instead of cooking my own lunch, as I missed my bus and had to wait for another 2 hours for the next bus.

Mii Sushi & BBQ, Canmore

As I was craving for Asian food, I chose to have my lunch at Mii Sushi & BBQ. Mii Sushi & BBQ is one of the Asian restaurants in Canmore that is highly rated and has many good reviews online. Honestly, that was only a secondary reason why I chose to have my lunch at Mii Sushi & BBQ. My main reason to have my lunch at Mii Sushi & BBQ was it was the only Asian restaurant that opened at that time. lol! 


Mii Sushi & BBQ, Canmore

The restaurant looked very very plain outside that I actually had a small doubt about my decision to have lunch here. However, I had learnt my lesson of do not judge a book by its cover numerous time before so I decided to power through with my decision. Surprisingly, the interior of the restaurant was quite cozy and comfortable. In fact, it was one of the spacious Asian restaurants that I have ever been in Alberta. I was seated at the corner of the restaurant as I came alone (boooo!) but honestly, it was okay. I had my much needed privacy.




Spicy Stir Fried Squid (Ojingeo Bokkeum 오징어볶음) Mii Sushi & BBQ, Canmore
Spicy Stir Fried Squid (오징어볶음)
CAD 27 plus taxes

I ordered spicy stir fried squid (오징어볶음) like I always do whenever I have a craving for something Korean. The server told me that the spicy stir fried squid was quite spicy but it was not that spicy for me. It was perfect for my liking. As for the portion, I found it to be quite big for one person. I actually took my sweet time to finish off my spicy stir fried squid.

Price wise, this spicy stir fried squid was definitely the most expensive spicy stir fried squid that I have ever had in my life.  I believe other dishes on the menu also lean more to the expensive side in comparison to other Asian restaurants that I have ever been. Nonetheless, I had to say that it was also the heartiest spicy stir fried squid that I ever had. Aside of squids, they put tteok, mushrooms, and a lot of other veggies (which I found too much for my liking, haha!) Definitely the only restaurant that put too much other ingredients in its spicy stir fried squid.

I don't think I will be coming back to Mii Sushi & BBQ for this spicy stir fried squid or for other dishes in their menu but that is because I'm trying to cut down my monthly expenses. There's nothing wrong with Mii Sushi & BBQ. I think they are as good as you can get in tourist town. They serve fulfilling dishes that worth the price tags. It just I can't afford to dine out especially when the price for a meal is more than CAD 30.

Post a Comment

28 Comments

  1. Okay! Hana is become jealous again hahah! ^^ nice sharing! nice food! nice adventure! :3 and... nice price tag too! hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be jealous. Malaysia tu syurga makanan ya ^^

      Delete
  2. Sooo tempting! Portion pun boleh tahan besar tu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Portion dia memang besar. Sampai mengah nak habiskan. Hahahaha :D

      Delete
  3. portion banyak tu
    confirm puas makan

    ReplyDelete
  4. tengok gambar terus terliur haaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Macam itulah yang saya rasa setiap kali orang update pasal makanan-makanan Malaysia T__T

      Delete
  5. nmpk sedap laa spicy stir fried squid tuuuu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, sedaplah. Cuma banyak sangat sayurnya T__T

      Delete
  6. But still, why no chicken (Halal), I'm so sorry for you whenever I wrote about chicken :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be sorry, kak Sally. No halal chicken because Muslim community is almost to none here T___T

      Delete
  7. Look so delicious. Temptingnya! Terasa meleleh air liur tengok squid tu :p'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kita dah tak meleleh sangat dah kalau tengok squid. Nak makan ayam! Hahahaha :D

      Delete
  8. wahhhhh best nya pergi bercuti tempat og..musin salji pula tu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errr, saya bukan bercuti dekat sini pun ^^

      Delete
  9. wow harga dia memang boleh tahan mahal, kalau makan share takpela lagi kan.
    tapi memang portion dia nampak besarlah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harga dia bukan boleh tahan mahal tapi sangat mahal sebenarnya! T__T

      But yeah the portion was big.

      Delete
  10. Pernah terfikir, boleh kurus tak duduk negara orang??? Kat Malaysia ni rasa nak makan je tak henti-henti, maklumlah makanan halal ada di mana-mana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalau tekak Melayu betul-betul, insya Allah bolehlah kurus sebab makanan kat sini tak sedap sangat compare to makanan Malaysia. Tapi itu ikut preferences orang la.

      But for me, I gained a lot of weight cause I kind of get adapted to the food and the portion here. HAHAHAHAHAHA :|

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Form