Ichiban Ramen, IOI City Mall

I went to the Ichiban Ramen, IOI City Mall for the first time on one of those long days. My sister and I went to the Ichiban Ramen because I wanted to try their tamagoyaki for my sisters keep saying their tamagoyaki is soooo goood!


Ichiban Ramen, IOI City Mall
Ichiban Ramen, IOI City Mall

I mentioned in this post that, a drama persisted on that day. So, what happened was, we each ordered a Mubarak set. This set was supposed to come with one main dish, two side dishes (one from A side dish & one from B side dish), and a drink. However, on that day, A side dish was unavailable (tamagoyaki!!! 😭) They gave us options to replace the tamagoyaki. However, we rejected the options as we do not eat them. We asked if we could replace the tamagoyaki with another B side dish, meaning we would get two B side dishes. They said no, they couldn't do that and asked us to change to a la carte. I said okay then, just give me my ramen and I do not want my drink.  (At this point, they have served the drink that is part of the Mubarak set). I ain't paying for that drink since I do not even drink peach tea.

While waiting for our food to be served, I told my sister that I couldn't understand why they couldn't just give us two B side dishes. I even checked their menu to see the price, and they all have the same price. So, really, what's the logic here?

Anyway, after quite some time, the cashier and the host came to us and said, they now can give us two B side dishes like we requested before. Can you understand my frustration? Tadi kata tak boleh, la ni kata boleh pula 😩

Mubarak set, Ichiban Ramen, IOI City Mall
Mubarak set @ Ichiban Ramen, IOI City Mall
MYR 27.90
1. Beef karokke
2. Chicken gyoza
3. Chicken karaage
4. Spicy chicken ramen (medium)


We ended up ordering the Mubarak set again. For my set, I chose spicy chicken ramen (medium), chicken gyoza, and chicken karaage. My chicken gyoza was a bit meh but chicken karaage was an okay. I tried my sister's beef karokke. Not a big fan of it. The spicy chicken ramen was good! The broth was thick and savoury but it was not that spicy. Sedap! However, my sister's ramen tasted better than mine. She ordered beef ramen (medium).

Another problem arose when we were about to pay. Their machine kept declining my card. I tried paying using Samsung Pay first. Then, we tried tapping my physical card but it was still declined. Told the cashier, the problem was with their machine. However, he did not believe us. Last-last, we paid by card but kena masukkan pin. The customers after us pun had the same problem. Itu pun masih tak nak percaya yang machine diaorang yang bermasalah 😢

Ichiban Ramen, IOI City Mall
1. 4pcs tamagoyaki
2. 3pcs fried ebi
3. Fried rice

I actually went to the Ichiban Ramen for the second time despite my meh first experience. Alhamdulillah, this time, there was no drama, no problem. I ordered fried rice and 3pcs fried ebi. My sisters and I shared the 4pcs tamagoyaki.

Alhmadulillah, kali ni semua sedap! Honestly, I was surprised at first when I saw the portion for the fried rice. Macam kecil tapi alhamdulillah, cukup dan mengenyangkan. The fried ebi was so crispy. Major love! The tamagoyaki was good too! Not in the picture but chawan mushi dia pun sedap. Please try.

All in all, I am glad that I decided to give them a second try. Otherwise, I wouldn't know banyak je makanan Ichiban Ramen ni yang sedap. Cumanya, it would be better for them to improve their service, especially when it comes to conflict resolution and customer satisfaction. Otherwise, they are golden.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. sedapnyaaa i love ramen! pegi ioi haritu saya pernah makan ramen seirock-ya je. ichiban ni boleh masuk dalam list pulak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the ramen ordered by my sister so much. Maybe Mazni boleh cuba order yang tu bila datang. Akak dah lama nak try Seirock-ya dekat IOI tapi selalu penuh je kedai tu. Kitanya malas nak tunggu. Hahahaha.

      Delete
  2. kalau makan kat sini mesti sy tak tahu nak pilih apa sbb sy cuma makan takoyaki dgn okonomiyaki je hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Contact Form