Wild Flour Bakery, Banff

I went to the Wild Flour Bakery, Banff for the first time last Friday, thanks to my Aussie girl's invitation. Understandably, she laughed at me when I said it was my first time because I have lived in Banff for over a year but I have never been there before. In my defense, I'm not a big fan of Western baked goods. So, there's that. Haha :)

Wild Flour Bakery, Banff
Wild Flour Bakery, Banff

We decided to have a light lunch at the Wild Flour Bakery because my girl was not in the mood of something heavy. I actually googled their menu first for I wanted to see if they offer something for someone who has quite strict dietary requirement like me. Alhamdulillah, thankfully, they offer various choices including vegetarian and vegan options. Needless to say, I was happy.

Wild Flour Bakery, Banff
Wild Flour Bakery, Banff



Meat Focaccia at Wild Flour Bakery, Banff
Meat Focaccia @ Wild Flour Bakery, Banff

Initially, I planned to buy their vegetarian focaccia but decided not to because I was more attracted to their pecan butter tart. It was all because I have been looking for a good pecan butter tart for about a year. I was surprised to see that they carry pecan butter tart that I decided to buy two of them. Another reason I decided to ditch the vegetarian focaccia because they put few vegetables that I'm not fond of like kale.


My girl ordered meat focaccia and according to her, it was super good. She's also ordered a cup of coffee but I'm not sure what kind because I'm illiterate about coffee. Again, she said it was super good. I guess everything was good for her as this is her favourite bakery in Banff. She literally has spent hundreds of dollars here.

Pecan Butter Tart at Wild Flour Bakery, Banff
Pecan Butter Tart @ Wild Flour Bakery, Banff

As for their pecan butter tart, I would say it was good, better than ones that I bought in a grocery store here but still not up to my par. I have tasted a much, much, much better pecan butter tart at much lower price back in Ontario. But I guess this is the best that ones could get here in Banff. Other bakeries in Banff do not even have pecan butter tart in their menus. A beggar can be choosy, eh?

All in all, it was a nice catch up sesh with my girl and I thoroughly enjoyed my pecan butter tarts at the Wild Flour Bakery, Banff. Am thinking to come here at least once after this so that I can try the other things in their menu.

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. sedapnyaaa tengok gambar tu. kenapa awak tak suka western baked goods? hehe saje tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pecan butter tart! I generally don't like anything western including western baked goods. Bukan sebab tak sedap ke apa tapi memang tekak tak boleh terima sangat anythign western. I'm more into anything Asian :)

      Delete
  2. That pecan butter tart looks so good & yummeh! Aaa kenapa lah baca time macam ni, terliur pulakk! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nani makan lagi banyak benda best dekat Malaysia tu :)

      Delete
  3. nak tgk kopi dia hehehe mcm laa beza sgt kn kopi kt sana dgn kt sini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kopi dia macam jenis-jenis kopi yang ada art tu. Very Instagrammable :)

      Delete
  4. lemah betul tengok pastries cemni.. hahaha if u hulur me any, without a second thought ill grab !! hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kak Siti suka pastries macam ni ke? Saya tak suka sangat pastries macam ni sebenarnya. Ada certain pastries je yang saya suka.

      Delete
  5. alaaa this post membuatkan saya mengidam pastries pulaaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Untuk orang yang suka Western baked goods, memang akan suka. Untuk orang yang macam saya ni, err sikit la.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Form