I Just Renewed My Passport!

Alhamdulillah, I just renewed my passport a few days back! And before you ask, no, I'm not going anywhere (yet!) and I don't have any plans to travel overseas this year. The only reason I renewed my passport was that my company allows us to claim the passport renewal fee 😊

Renewing My Malaysian Passport Post-Pandemic

I applied online at the immigration website on Friday, the 12th and I got an email from the immigration 3 hours after that saying my application has been delayed/investigated due to foto tidak memuaskan dan cap jari tidak sah. I tried re-uploading a new photo 2 more times after that but I still received the same reply 😡 Felt like crying a little bit at that time cause I spent MYR 10 to get my picture taken at the photo studio just for this purpose😖

Tip: When you go to the immigration office to pick up your new passport (for passport renewal only), you need to bring the PRINTED copy of the payment receipt, your old passport, and IC.



So, what I did was I went to my chosen immigration office (Kuala Langat) on Wednesday, the 17th with the necessary documents, and went through a similar process of renewing my passport as I did a few years back. I had my fingerprints verified and my picture was taken at the immigration office. After 15 minutes, I got my new passport.

Tip: The immigration office only accepts cashless payments only! No cash. Have your credit card or debit card ready, please.

Line at the Kuala Langat Immigration Office

The whole process sounds seamless and not really that time-consuming but it took about 2 hours to get everything done. I was the 23rd person of the day and I started to wait in line around 7:35am. So, there's that 😵

Tip: Show up early if you want to be among the first to get your passport done especially if your chosen immigration office is small.



This is specific to Kuala Langat Immigration Office, but based on my observation, you really want to be the first 40 people as they stop giving out numbers after that for 1 or 2 hours due to the limited capacity. You can still wait in line or you can come back later when they start to distribute the numbers again. Also, if you're orang tua or warga emas, or OKU, this is not the best office for you to get your passport done because they do not have a special counter and you need to climb the stairs to the office.

More information for those who are planning to apply for or renew his/her passport at the Kuala Langat Immigration Office

Anyway, I can't wait to use my passport. Hopefully, I'll get to fully utilize it this time around, insya Allah 😊

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. prosedur baru ni sy x berapa nk faham. ms renew bln 4 hari tu cuma booked date je. lps tu walk in mcm biasa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saya pun tak berapa faham dengan prosedur baru ni. Especially bila sistem dan prosedur macam tak berapa nak efficient sangat.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Form