Manis Kitchen, Itaewon

I have been continuously exposed to the existence of Manis Kitchen, Itaewon prior to my 2019 trip, thanks to the Instagram. I naturally made a mental note to pay a visit to the Manis Kitchen if I ever get another chance to go to South Korea. So, off I went to the Manis Kitchen, Itaewon during one of days in 2019 when I was in South Korea.

It is hard to miss the Manis Kitchen as you'll pass by the shop if you're heading to the Seoul Central Mosque (서울 중앙성원). After all, the shop is painted with Selangor's colours. #justkidding 

Manis Kitchen, Itaewon
Manis Kitchen (마니스 분식), Itaewon (이태원)

As far as I know, Manis Kitchen is the only halal snack bar in South Korea or in Seoul, at least. They serve halal street food. So, this is the place that you want to go if want to eat halal everything. I believe the menu are seasonal so they probably will serve different type of snacks depending on the seasons.


I went to the Manis Kitchen in summer so I missed out some things that I really want to try as they were not available. Additionally, I went there after I had my late lunch so I can barely squeeze in any more food into my stomach. lol. As such, I didn't get to try a lot of things.

Cheese & Chicken Corn Dog @ Manis Kitchen, Itaewon
Cheese & Chicken Corn Dog
KRW 2,000

Had my first Korean-style corn dog here at the Manis Kitchen after continuously watching Eric-dog in 4-Wheeled Restaurant. Haha! The corn dog totally made my day! It was so delicious and came out as a good surprise. I didn't expect the corn dog will taste that good but thankfully it did! I mean, I can't never imagine eating a hot dog with sugar? And the cheese was really stretchy! Yeay 😋




I was contemplating to order another one but I didn't because I was just too full. Anyway, I sent a video of me eating the corn dog to my sister and successfully made her jealous! 😆 #siskejam

Fried fish cake sticks @ Manis Kitchen, Itaewon
Fried fish cake sticks
KRW 700/stick

I ordered this fried fish cake sticks by mistake. I guess my brain did not function properly at that time. I was expecting an eomuk/odeng. So, can you imagine my disappointment when they came out instead of eomuk/odeng? 😭 Having said that, they tasted similar to the croquettes that I had in Busan back in 2016, which I actually loved. #justsoyouknow




Apparently, Manis Kitchen does not serve eomuk/odeng in summer ㅠㅠ My heart broke into pieces when I learned about this fact because I'm a huge fan of eomuk/odeng! Hopefully, they will consider to put eomuk/odeng in their regular menu in the future. Pretty please 🙏

Insya Allah, if I ever get another chance, I surely want to go to Manis Kitchen again as I want to try other things in their menu :)

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. okay i wanna cry now. I'm craving for so many things right now haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm craving for so many things as well. My wallet and bank account probably cry if they know :(

      Delete
  2. oh yes, Manis Kitchen ni je tempat nak makan corndog halal rasanya...akak ade perasan tapi kenyang lepas makan dekat MAKAN, jd lupa beli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itulah, saya rasa sini je kot yang boleh dapat corndog halal dekat Korea.

      Delete
  3. Like you, baru sekarang nak post about our 2019 seoul trip.
    Sadly, I went there twice and twice jugak tak dapat merasa ke Itaewon. Entah apa bendalah yang Tqa buat dekat sana haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan banyak lagi tempat yang lagi best dekat Seoul tu. Tu yang tak sampai Itaewon tu kot. Hehehe

      Delete
  4. teringin nak pergi south korea, still on my top travel list. harap dapat pergi satu hari nanti. sedapnya corndog tuuu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray that you'll get to go to South Korea one day :)

      Delete
  5. kalau tengok KVariety they show how they eat the fishcake eulmok ke apa tah kan.. jealousnya rasa.
    i want to try too.. ill put Manis Kitchen in my list as well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love eomuk though it's only a fish cake. I think the strength lies on its broth. Sedap sangat! Especially kalau makan masa winter.

      Yes, you should kak Siti. Kot kalau lepas ni pergi Seoul jangan lupa singgah Manis Kitchen :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Form