Cheonggyecheon Stream (청계천) & Cheonggye Plaza (청계광장)

Cheonggyecheon Stream (청계천) & Cheonggye Plaza (청계광장)

I think I went to Cheonggyecheon Stream (청계천) & Cheonggye Plaza (청계광장) twice (or maybe thrice?) when I went to South Korea 2 years ago. The first time was during the day and the second one during the night as I read Cheonggyecheon Stream offers different experiences during the day and night. #sistamak


Cheonggyecheon Stream (청계천) & Cheonggye Plaza (청계광장)

The first time I went to Cheonggyecheon Stream, I actually walked from the Cheonggye Plaza to the Dongdaemun Fashion Town and back to the Cheonggye Plaza again. That was like almost 5-6 km or 5 hour-ish walk. Tak tahulah masa tu fikir apa like hello, I'm a couch potato through and through kot, but at the end of the day, kaki memang jadi jelly habis.

Tip: Bring bug spray if you intend to walk from the Cheonggye Plaza to Dongdaemun Fashion Town or Supyogyo Bridge.

Cheonggyecheon Stream (청계천) & Cheonggye Plaza (청계광장)



I thoroughly enjoyed the walk and the view of the first hour but after that I became a grumpy ass as I didn't know the end point or how long it's going to take me to finish the whole course. #mohonjanganjadimacamsis You'll walk pass a lot of bridges, most of them having their own significance. I obviously was illiterate about the bridges so my reactions were mostly like these, "Eh, ni macam outdated sikit," or "Eh yang ni kenapa macam ni?"


Cheonggyecheon Stream (청계천) & Cheonggye Plaza (청계광장)

You'll also see a lot of murals (?) along the way. I think some of them has a history behind it. I learned about it earlier this year while watching Battle Trip. All I can remember about it when I was there, "Agak-agaknya apalah yang nak disampaikan by this thing?" sebab lukisan dia panjang gila and there was description about the whole thing which unfortunately, written in Hangul only.

Tip: If you're short of time, just lepak dekat Cheonggye Plaza cause that's the probably the prettiest part of the whole stream.


Cheonggyecheon Stream (청계천) & Cheonggye Plaza (청계광장)


It was a different whole story when I visited the place at night. I only lepak at the Cheonggye Plaza area cause #nobodygottimetowalkanymore It was more crowded at night with a lot of couples being lovey dovey #ohmypoorsinglesoul #justkidding I think it's due to the lower temperature at night. It was breezy when I was there so, it was a pleasant night to spent outside.

Tip: Kalau rasa hati tu cepat sendu tengok couple being lovey dovey disarankan jangan datang Cheonggyecheon Stream dan Cheonggye Plaza waktu malam. Nanti makan hati pula :p


Cheonggyecheon Stream (청계천) & Cheonggye Plaza (청계광장)

I personally like my night visit more than the day visit because there were so much stuff happening at night due to Seoul Bamdokkaebi Night Market (서울 밤도깨비 야시장) and it was really breezy. Though I have to say that I'm not sure if I want to come visit this place, again. lol!

Post a Comment

20 Comments

  1. kalau dalam kdrama mesti ada tempat ni..hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya ke? Saya tak pernah pula perasan tempat ni dalam Korean dramas T^T

      Delete
    2. Banyak je.. kadang saya suka layan drama (bukan kdrama je) sebab suka tengok tempat diorang shoot yg cantik2 so berangan kejap one day nak travel ke situ..hihi

      Delete
    3. I see. I usually notice recurrent places in K-dramas but this one memang macam tak pernah perasan pula.

      Delete
  2. your post are boosting my travel desiresssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup...same here! Akak also prefer night view here and sadly I don't have a nice picture here sbb asyik kena tlg customer amik gmbr :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faham sangat bila kita yang kena jadi photographer. No photo of ourselves eh? :)

      Delete
  4. pegi waktu mlm lg menarik. byg kn kt kl sg klang n sg gombak dibuat mcm ni haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh ye ke? Menariknya! Nanti saya nak cuba google yang kak KL punya. Kot-kot dapat lepak KL malam-malam :)

      Delete
  5. Korea semua tempat kalau boleh diorg nak jadikan menarik dan tumpuan pelancong. Bila la nak jejak kaki kat sana..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betul tu! Setuju sangat. Segala ceruk kalau boleh nak di commercialize kan jadi attractions.

      Delete
  6. Baca post ini buatkan Siqah rasa nak pergi Korea! Rindu makanan dan tempat cantik camni <3 Membuak2 perasaan itu. Rasa nak pergi solo travel je nie kang. Penat tunggu orang. Hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kita pun rindu Korea sangat-sangat! *forever obsessing over Korea* But the next time if I want to go to Korea, tak nak pergi seorang-seorang. Nak pergi dengan kawan! Hahahaha :D

      Delete
  7. one of the reasons i want to go back to Korea one day adalah because !! last time i didnt get much time to explore the city. ofcoz i had fun but nxt time ill spend more time meronda city dia. banyak benda tak buat hehe,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seoul banyak gila tempat best that you could easily being suck and spending time here without exploring other places T^T

      I'm not a big fan of city honestly but I really love Seoul! :D

      Delete
  8. Akak pun couch potato, tapi masa travel tetibe kaki jadi rajin. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, samalah kita. Couch potato through and through tapi bila travel dia jadi macam rajin sikit ^^

      Delete
  9. Betul weh Cheonggyecheon lagi cantik waktu malam.. Tp bila semua orang jalan couple dan kita ni sorang2, rasa loser jugak la hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samalah kita. Dia rasa macam loser walhal sebelum ni okay je jadi orang single. Hahahaha :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Form