Samcheong-dong (삼청동)

Samcheong-dong (삼청동)! :D

What a lovely and aesthetically pleasing neighbourhood! It is one of the neighbourhoods in South Korea that I really love! Samcheong-dong is arguably one of the most famous neighbourhoods in Seoul for it often appears in countless Korean dramas and movies. So many pretty shops, cafes and restaurant here!

Samcheong-dong (삼청동)
Recently spotted in Temperature of Love.

I didn't know that Samcheong-dong is famous until I got back to Malaysia. Silly me but that's what happened when you didn't do a proper research. I was lucky that I got to discover and explore this aesthetically pleasing neighbourhood by chance.

I was exploring Bukchon Hanok Village (북촌한옥마을) when I got lost and chose a wrong way. I wanted to see the Scenic View #8: View from the Samcheong-dong stone stairway which eventually will lead me to Samcheong-dong but then I went a wrong way and I suddenly turned up at this unfamiliar side of Samcheong-dong.

Samcheong-dong (삼청동)
Recently spotted in What's Wrong, Secretary Kim? (according to my reading as I have yet to watch the show)

I think I walked in circles for quite some time when I realized that I was lost, trying to find my way back to Bukchon Hanok Village. When I decided that I will not going to make it back to Bukchon Hanok Village because my sense of direction was bloody bad that day, I decided to explore Samcheong-dong as it is.


Though, I have to say that I didn't get to explore Samcheong-dong to my heart content as I was extremely exhausted after getting lost repeatedly. Still, I was extremely happy with whatever that I encountered that day. 


Samcheong-dong (삼청동)

Saw so many aesthetically pleasing shops, cafes, restaurants, museums, galleries, you name it! Wanted to go in to every shop, cafe, restaurant, museum, and gallery but I had a goal not to spend money on unnecessary thing that day, so, no shop, cafe, restaurant, museum, and gallery for me. Now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't be so stingy with myself that day. A treat for myself at one of the aesthetically pleasing cafes or restaurants after getting lost does not sound so bad after all, no?

Samcheong-dong (삼청동)

I didn't know how did I get to be at the streets and see the shops above. All I knew was I was lost and tired that I decided just to walk in whichever way. I think this may be at one of the first intersections of smaller streets. In any cases, you are most likely will see the streets and shops if you have a clear goal to explore Samcheong-dong.

Things I wish I knew when I was there: Samcheong-dong, Bukchon Hanok Village, Insadong, and Gyeongbokgung are all located around the same area. A wise move is to visit those places in a same day instead of separate day as one can save transportation cost by walking to and from each places.

Samcheong-dong is definitely one of the places that I want to go again in the future! I plan to go with someone who drinks coffee and loves desserts so that we can go cafe-hopping around the neighbourhood! Hopefully I will get another chance to visit this lovely neighbourhood :)

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Dekat sini memang banyak cafes yang cantik gila! :D

      Delete
  2. Macam mana akak boleh missed sini..hmmm...kena repeat seoul la kan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lepas ni boleh pergi sini, kak Sally. So Instagrammable :D

      Eleh, bukan Seoul tu kampung kak Sally ke? hehe

      Delete
    2. yaaa...going back to kampung...btw, Farah tau tak the newest halal restaurant around Bukchon tu sebelah mana...akak selalu sesat kalau pi Bukchon...ade satu halal restaurant yg kedai dia macam old timer punya building

      Delete
    3. Bila nak balik kampung ni?

      I know about the restaurant tapi tak tahu exactly mana sebab masa kita pergi tu, dia belum pindah lagi. However, I have the direction to the restaurant. Kita boleh share dengan kak Sally, tapi kak Sally kena cari sendiri :)

      Delete
  3. suka pegi sini, nice neighborhood, view cantik especially in fall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw pictures on Internet. Cantik sangat! :D

      Delete
  4. ok nnt kite g sama2 ke sini. minum kopi n feeling2 mcm dlm k-drama... then mana laa tau kan tetiba RM buat shooting kt situ hahahahahaha #verangan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gituuuuuuu! Bertuah kalau dapat tengok orang shooting kat sini.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Form