Looking Back at All My Old Blog Posts

I took my time recently rereading my old blog posts, from this blog and the previous two, just to see what I had been thinking and posting for the past eight years. And boy, did I get a good laugh just from rereading all of them :)

For most part, I can see how childish and simple-minded I was when writing and publishing all those hundred posts. Especially all the blog posts that was written when I was in high school and my first two years in university. How come no one ever told me about that? I am so sorry to all the previous and/or current readers for you to read all those childish stuff.

I also noticed a trend in my blog posts that still exists until now. I always write about my life. As if my life is so interesting to talk about, eh. But when I think about it, I started writing blog because I wanted it to be a medium where I can express my feelings, my tangled thoughts and my homesickness. I also wanted it to be a medium where I can come back to reminisce my old memories and to look back at my past which I may have forgotten. So, I think all my blogs, including this one have served or currently serve their ultimate purpose.

On a side note, I am very much aware that all my blogs did not and still does not give added benefits to most of the readers. For that, I am deeply sorry.

Additionally, what I love from rereading all those post was I can see how I actually valued and felt thankful for all the small things that happened in my life. And what made me extra happy was to see that this attribute of mine has not really changed after all these years. Indeed, I was and still am #easilypleased #easilytouched #mudahterhibur.


Her Little Guilty Pleasures
My current happy space :)

I also have noticed few different things after rereading all my blog posts and honestly, I had mixed feelings upon discovering all these things. Firstly, I used to write a good number of blog posts in fully Malay. While I like the fact that I can actually write in Malay, it made my head and heart hurt cause I sounded so childish, awkward and skema whenever I wrote blog posts in fully Malay.

Secondly, I had a lot of blog posts written in bahasa rojak. I honestly love bahasa rojak so much that it hurts. In fact, I think I prefer bahasa rojak more than English. I realized that I actually sounded more happy and natural whenever I wrote blog posts in bahasa rojak. However, I sounded too childish too whenever I wrote in bahasa rojak and this really kills me.

I know I am very much childish at heart, but how come this little fact is so apparent and crystal clear whenever I am writing? For god sake, I'm nearing my mid 20s and I still sound like an excited little girl T___T

Nevertheless, I have enjoyed my time rereading all my old blog posts. It was a joyful ride filled with laughter mostly due to my embarrassment. Most probably will not do it again in the next few months as I have decided to enjoy my current life and live in the present! :)

That being said, I have decided to repost a number of blog posts that have never seen the light due to various reasons. I also will repost a number of travel-related and Canada-related blog posts so that it will be easier for me to talk a trip down memory lane which probably will take place in the next few years? :)

For those who have been with me and my blogs since few years ago, what did you like the most and the least about my blogs and my blog posts? What kind of content would like to see more on this humbly blog of mine? Would appreciate any inputs for that I can improve in the future, insya Allah. Many thanks in advance! :)

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. i feel yoouuuuuuu. bila baca post2 lama zaman sekolah menengah rasa cringe je. omg. tapi lawak jugak bila tengok perbandingan style tulisan dulu2 dan sekarang. memori kot sebab tu sayang rasa nak delete post2 lama.

    BV pun rasanya childish at heart kot. hahahha selalu excited je masa nak menaip XD and prefer rojak sebab memang buat diri rasa excited. hahahhaa

    suka kalau kak farah update blog cerita pasal travel and more. especially pasal life update :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan! Tahap cringe dia tu masya Allah, tak boleh kata. Samalah kita. Walaupun all the old posts tu rasa macam bodoh-bodoh sangat, sayang nak delete. Itu yang banyak revert to drafts. And honestly, that is one of the main reasons why I made my old blogs private.

      Thank you BV for the inputs! :)

      Delete
  2. ohh i can't bila baca post lama-lama :O too cringyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahha betul! baca post masa zaman sekolah dulu paling lawaklaaa. tpi kebanyakan entry dulu2 tu saya dah delete sebab malu gila kalau ada orang baca xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mazni deleted the posts ke? Akak revert to drafts balik so that I can laugh like crazy whenever I read all those silly posts. Hehehe :D

      Delete
  4. Same here. I've been reverted everything that sounds childish into draft box. Ada beratus gak la. Like you know, awal2 remaja dulu semua benda nak cerita dan yang paling kesian bila ada bloggers komen juga walaupun post tu entah apa-apa. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! I actually got a lot of comments (wayyyyyyyy lot than all comments that I got here in my new blog) on those silly and childish posts. Rasa bersalah sangat dekat diaorang. T____T

      Delete
  5. Haha. I feel you too!! Siqah ada blog lama jugak dan serius nak convert sesetengah post to draft sebab serius malu gila bila baca sekarang tapi sayangnya I forgot the password and email. Bertahun tak bukak blog tu sejak inactive.

    My current blog is basically about my life, books, food, travel, but I still hope that my current blog give benefits to readers walaupun rasa macam tak seberapa. Just blogging when I feel like it and post anything I like. Huhu. Kadang2 risau jugak kalau tak memenuhi kehendak followes/readers. tapi nak buat macam mana. Dilema betul T_T

    Maaf terkomen panjang sangat pulak. Hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Takpe. I appreciate long comment. Kita sama jugalah but I guess I have started to care less (again) because the first and foremost reason this blog exists is for myself :)

      But hopefully, ada jugalah tersesat sedikit benefits untuk orang yang datang berkunjung ke blog picisan ni.

      Delete
  6. This is so me. I used to have hundreds of pointless blog posts and after I reread them, I revert them back into draft and they will probably will stay there for eternity hahaha I only kept a few good ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me as well but I did repost few bodoh-bodoh posts here and there sebab rasa macam kelakar gila kebodohan diri sendiri ni.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Form