How to Apply for a Criminal Check in Town Of Banff?

This post is intended to share the information that I acquired when I was applying for my criminal check. Hopefully some of you will find it helpful especially for people who needs to apply for a criminal check in Banff. Some employers will request you to do it on your own while some employers will do it on your own behalf (after getting your consent, obviously!)

Do note that this is based on my experience. Your process may be shorter or longer than mine depending on your circumstances. It took me less than 15 minutes to get a copy of my criminal check. Granted, it was fast as I was the only one there as I went there around 9 AM. Think it'll take me less than 10 minutes if I filled out my form quickly.

1. Go to RCMP office and apply in person. 

If you're clueless like me, Banff RCMP office is located near to the Banff Train Station or Brewster Depot or Tim Hortons (whichever places you're familiar with). Do note that the office only opens on weekdays from 8 AM to 5 PM.

Banff RCMP Office

2. Filled out the form given by the receptionist.

Make sure you have your physical address ready as they prefer to have your physical address instead of mailing address. I got stuck here as I didn't remember my physical address. I only remembered my mailing address. It will be good if you know the postcode as well. I left that one blank because I genuinely do not know the postcode for my physical address.



3. Wait for at least 15 minutes to get the copy of your criminal check.

4. Pick up your criminal check and voila, you're done!


Banff Criminal Check

Good to know

1. You must live in Town of Banff if you're applying for a criminal check at the Banff RCMP office.

2. The required fee is CAD 28 and they only accept cash payment.

3. You must bring two pieces of government-issued identifications and one of them must have a photo. Debit cards and credit cards are not accepted as an identification*

*I used my passport and Alberta Health Card as my identification proofs. Most people will use a driving license as one of the proofs but if you don't have a driving license like me, Alberta Health Card can be a great alternative*


Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. the word criminal scares me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this one is more or less like background check je pun :)

      Delete
  2. mcm tapisan keselamatan ker ni? hehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Contact Form